Don’t you just love tax season?
Yeah, we didn’t think so. Paperwork, receipts, forms, dividends, deductions, and donations are just the beginning of tax form complexities. April 15th may not be an official national holiday, but we can make it feel like one.
Don’t put up with another year of income tax return drudgery. Our individual tax preparation takes all the pressure off of tax season.
The IRS estimates that approximately 60 percent of individuals use professional individual tax prep every year because most Americans don’t have the time, knowledge, or desire to file their taxes on their own. This includes everyone from celebrities to soccer moms. Professional tax specialists ensure that you get the return you are entitled to with the confidence and peace of mind in the process.
What is Individual Tax Preparation?
Whether you have a simple EZ return, or you have more complicated returns, individual tax prep is for anyone. We take care of your taxes to get you the largest return possible and provide support in case of a future audit. We guarantee that filing your return has never been easier.
In-Person: Start by making an appointment that works for your schedule. Give us a call to schedule your appointment and get complete information on everything you need to bring with you. We can complete your return together and send it directly to the IRS. We provide a copy of everything for your records.
Drop-Off: If you’d prefer, you can drop off all your information and we can call you when your taxes are done. We will call you if we have any questions. This gives us the time to be thorough and careful with the filing process while respecting your time. We take care of all the paperwork and call you when it’s done!
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring Someone To Do My Taxes?
You may be one of those people who actually enjoys doing their taxes, or perhaps you don’t trust someone else to do it. It’s not always about how simple or how complicated your income tax return might be there are several reasons why you may want to consider hiring a professional.
- Time. The Internal Revenue Service estimates that between record keeping, tax planning, and actually finishing your returns, it takes about 16 hours. It takes significantly less time to gather your paperwork and take them to a professional who will handle the other 15 hours.
- Patience. Since 2001, Congress has made nearly 5,000 changes to the Tax Code. That is at least one change every day for 15 years. The tax code is over 4,000,000,000 words and nobody is going to sit down and read it all, but that doesn’t make you exempt from knowing what is in it.
If you are like most parents who sit down to do your taxes after the end of a long day and you’ve already put your kids to bed two or three times, chances are you’re already thin on patience and spending your evening figuring out all the tiny details can be stressful, difficult, and frustrating.
- Cost. The most popular alternative to professional tax prep is any number of at-home tax software programs that walk you through the tax prep process. These programs can cost anywhere from $30 to $130 dollars, depending on your needs.
They still take several hours of time, and a good amount of patience to make it through. Research suggests that having your taxes prepared by a professional will get you more money in your refund, which makes it more than worth the cost of their services.
- Audit Protection. You’ve crossed your T’s and dotted your I’s, and sent off your return into the –e-file world. Now what? How comfortable do you feel walking away from your return and hoping you did everything right?
Some software programs offer audit support for a fee but with a professional tax service, you get 100% audit support anytime in the future. The IRS can challenge what you’ve reported for up to three years after the date of filing or Tax Day. Your peace of mind during that time is worth something.
- Planning for the Future. You may feel confident and comfortable doing your own taxes, but any life changes can have serious tax implications. Having a good financial advisor can help you throughout the other 11 months of the year when determining whether or not to make an IRA contribution, filing separate taxes for your children, splitting the sale of your business, or other life choices that may affect your return.
Custom Preparation vs. the Big Box Taxes
Taxes are not a drive thru, you can’t get in and out and done. Not every form is exactly the same, not everyone has the same needs.
We take the time to know you, your family, and your financial situation to make the most out of your taxes. After tax season, big box prep companies are virtually invisible, unavailable, and completely void of any follow-up.
We are always available to answer questions or help you if something goes wrong. You can talk to the same person who prepares your taxes year after year so you have a partner you can rely on.
Most Big Box Tax prep services charge you a fee the moment you sit down with a professional. Our initial consultation is always free so you have the freedom to choose what is best for you.
Tax Preparation Services We Offer:
- EZ100 forms: This is the simplest form of individual taxes, but it still helps to have a professional on your side. We can ensure you get the best return possible, or minimize the amount owed.
- Itemized deductions: If you own a home, business, or investments, you should be preparing your taxes through itemized deductions. We walk you through each deduction you may be eligible for to make your assets work for you.
- 1099 forms: If you own your own business, or are an independent contractor, 1099 forms are critical. We provide this service as part of our individual tax prep for those who need it.
We keep our tax preparation costs low to give you the peace of mind you’re looking for without breaking the bank.
- EZ form – $100
- Itemized taxes – $125
- 1099 form – $10 per form
If you have a more complicated individual tax prep case, we provide customized quotes based on your needs.